The Kite, Oxford

Dates of meetings, rules questions and other topics of general interest to BSkA members.

The Kite, Oxford

Postby nswedd » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:09 pm

We've held several Skat tournaments in The Kite, near Oxford railway station. People sometimes ask me when the next one will be. But for the last couple of years, it's been unreliable, with changes of management and unexpected closures. It has recently reopened as an upmarket steak house, "The Porterhouse". You can read about it, and see parts of its menu, on its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... e%20oxford

John and I checked it out last weekend. Its steaks are expensive, ranging from £25 to over £75, but it also does cheaper meals, with starters from £5 to £8 and main courses from £14 to £22. There are now only three real beers, all at over £4 a pint. But they're happy to let us play Skat there at no extra charge, and are open from 08:00 to 23:15, so there'll be no problem with an early start, even on a Sunday.

I'm thinking of holding a Skat tournament there this summer, and another in October or November. Please let me know if you'd be interested.

Nick
nswedd

Return to General news and discussion