This is not an official KGS page.
How to Enter a KGS Computer Go Tournament
This page summarises how to enter a Go-playing program, or 'bot',
for a Computer Go Tournament on KGS.
- Read the rules that apply to KGS Computer Go Tournaments.
- Write a program that plays Go.
- Download a copy of kgsGtp from the
CGoban 3 Download page
– look for the "GTP Client (for Computer Go Programmers Only)" section –
and study the kgsGtp documentation that comes with it.
- Use kgsGtp to connect your program to KGS.
- Read the list of open KGS tournaments,
choose one that is listed as a KGS Computer Go Tournament, and read its rules to check that it is
suitable for your bot.
- Set the kgsGtp configuration file for tournament play, with time
settings, board size, etc., set for the tournament you are to enter.
- Send an email to the organiser, with the words "KGS
Tournament Registration" in the title, stating:
at least thirty minutes before the tournament is due to start.
- The name of your bot, as registered on KGS
- The real name of your bot, if different
- The names of the authors of all parts of your Go-playing program. I will expect you to have
the consent of all these people for your program to be entered in this tournament.
- the processor power (number of processors, and processor speed) of the platform that it will be running on
- (if entering the formal division) your own name. I may request evidence of this.
- Edit your bot's info on KGS, to include a statement of what syatem it is running on, including
the numbers of cores and threads it is using.
- Ensure that your bot is connected to KGS at least two minutes before the tournament is due to start.
Note that quoted times may be in UTC/GMT. Whatever they are, remember to convert them for your own time zone.